Media production design
Unit 3 – Area of study 3
In this area of study we focus on learning the following dot points:
• The production design communicates creative vision and thorough planning.
• Outlines the proposed audience in detail.
• The production design includes a fictional and/or non fictional narrative for a specific audience in a selected media form.
• Students must take into account the codes and conventions for the selected media form.
By the end of this area of study you should be able to Methods, document, apply and create these dot points.
• methods for documenting the specified audiences, narrative and intention of the proposed production
• media codes and conventions, technologies and processes relevant to the selected media form, proposed
audience, narrative and production
• methods for creating written and visual representations of a proposed production
• methods for documenting details of production and post-production roles, tasks and timelines
• media language relevant to the design and production of a media product in a selected media form.
• document the specified audience, narrative and intention relevant to a selected media form and product
• apply media codes and conventions, technologies and production processes appropriate to the selected
media form, proposed audience, narrative and product
• create written and visual representations of a proposed production
• document production and post-production roles, tasks and timelines
• use media language appropriate to the design and production of a media product in a selected media form.
Folio Design Plan
By now you should be developing your Folio which started in Outcome 2. On completion of this unit the student should be able to develop and document a media production design in a selected media form for a specified audience.
I have included the folio booklet to the right, however upon beginning Outcome 2 you should have this document already.