In Time is a 2011 American dystopian science fiction action thriller film written, directed, and produced by Andrew Niccol and starring Justin Timberlake, Amanda Seyfried and Cillian Murphy that takes place in a society where people stop ageing at 25 and each has a clock on their arm that counts down how long they have to live. The film was released on October 28, 2011.
In Time Trailer
Amanda Seyfried - Sylvia Weis
Justin Timberlake – Will Salas
Olivia Wilde – Rachel Salas
Cillian Murphy – Timekeeper – Rayman
Matt Bomer – Henry Hamilton
Alex Pettyfer – Fortis
Johny Galecki – Borel
Production & Story Elements employed in the text
• Camera angles & techniques
• Opening, Development & Resolution
• Script is a critical component in this narrative.
Themes within the narrative
• Rich verses Poor
• Time is precious
• Time is Money
Questions – In Time
1. What type of Lighting techniques were employed in this film text?
2. How did the Lighting support the genre – Action Thriller?
3. What type of Sound techniques were employed to engage the audience and help propel the genre?
4. Describe the two different Settings in the film text.
5. How was Setting relevant to the narrative?
6. Reflect on the Camera Techniques used and discuss how they provided the audience with information.
7. Select 3 characters and discuss why they were cast in their role?
8. List the Acting of two characters. Discuss their Body Language, Facial Expressions and Tone of Voice. What did this acting do for the audience? What information did it provide to the audience?
9. Did you notice any Editing techniques? Fast forwards, slow motions, fade to blacks? Why and how were they relevant?